- Finished choreographing my first piece for Mocha, practiced a lot more than studied and had a blast at Mocha Show. This was actually a huge month of growth for me as a dancer, not just physically, but also mentally finding my style and trying to choreograph in that style
- Attended some pretty inspirational talks given by a Pixar technical artist and one by a Disney Animation artist
- Drew a lot! Started sketching with brush pens and markers, and started attempting to digitally paint
- Turned 22 :o my friends surprised me with a yummy cake and my family sent me a wonderful care-package full of delicious Cara oranges :3
- Finally turned in my thesis proposal that was due in December...
- This month was the month that had a lot of the application deadlines for all the big-name animation studios... so I spent most of my time researching, drawing, putting together portfolios, and filling out the different applications! Although I knew from the start that my chances were really low (gg no art school and not enough time spent on art in the past four years), I'm still really glad I spent the time to work on it. It was pretty frustrating grasping at straws, but I actually had so much fun doing it. Starting to find what I really want!
- Ran into a lot of snags with my thesis - felt kind of directionless and drained :\
- Went on a trip with Eric to L.A for spring break! Spending time in sunny California and going to Disneyland was a wonderful way to recharge and get away from stress. Aka I let myself run away for a week, but zero remorse for that one :P
- Caught up in my video class since I had all but forgotten about that class
- Re-did my main portfolio and started compiling lists of companies to reach out to
- Banged out my design for my thesis installation (shoutout to James for last minute structural consulting), bought all $200 worth of materials from home depot and moved it to my studio (an endeavor that took over 4 hours - shoutout to Hong, Eric, Matt, and Rick), and built the whole damn thing (shoutout to Dabin, James, Eric, Minerva, and Weiwei) in less than 4 days. When I say that I wouldn't have graduated without my amazing friends, I was not lying *___*
- Exhibited my thesis installation in Lobby 10! The support from the community was absolutely incredible and moving @__@
- Went to Senior Ball! Which was tbh a little overrated for all the effort that went into it... but I enjoyed dressing up and walking around the beautiful Boston Public Library nevertheless
- Had my final prod week for ADT and performed at my final two shows! The final showcase was very exciting! I choreographed Mansae, co-choreographed a boiz dance with Weilian, and was in Minerva's dance. I even went out on a limb and did a traditional couples dance with Eric and was in my friend's Heelies dance. Yes, I just said Heelies dance (and I was terrified for my life the whole time). All in all... I HAD A BLAST. I think one of the most exciting things though, was just seeing how far ADT has come in the last 4 years. It makes me feel all warm inside to know that I played a role in helping to shape part of this great group huehue :3
- Pulled a wonderful all-nighter right after the last ADT show in preparation for my thesis defense/presentation that was the following morning, got through the defense, had a minor post-presentation breakdown, took a nap, and woke up feeling fucking fantastic >:D
- Wrote my thesis, printed the damn thing out, slapped a cover page on it, and TURNED IT IN.
- Started a fun dance project with Minerva titled Project #ADTfeels where we did quick covers (learn, stage, and film all in one go!) with several people in ADT           
- Went on a 3 day trip to NYC with senior friends! Did a lot of walking, ate some great food (and lots of boba :o) visited places I've never been to before, and did some cool stuff!
- Experienced Senior Week! Went F1 Racing WHICH WAS AWESOME o___o. Like Need for Speed (but in real life!) Also went to Six Flags where I changed my opinion of rollercoasters from metal-death-traps to terrifying-but-fun-rides. We also dressed up and went to the Top of the Hub and I even went to a club in the States for the first time :o It was actually a lot of fun until I got a drink spilled all over me lol.
- Minerva and I finished our ADT dance project which culminated in a final video of us dancing all the songs we've ever choreographed :') It was a lot of fun and a great way to wrap up our college dance lives with each other. I am going to miss dancing with her and everyone else so much @__@ It's also kind of crazy how much of my life I've invested in dance during college. I wonder if I'm going to keep up with it where ever I end up?
- I GRADUATED. This is definitely the biggest bullet point in this whole damn post or maybe in any post I've ever written on this blog. The feeling is kind of complex- there's relief, pride, disbelief, fear, nostalgia, freedom, optimism, and who knows what else, but I think the ultimate culmination of everything is joy. It's hard to describe. I'm just pleasantly amazed that I got through it all! That, I believe, is an accomplishment in itself.
Oops I ended up writing more than I wanted for recap. I actually wanted to also talk about other things in this post, but I think that would make it way too long. Instead I'm gonna dump some photos and captions to wrap up this post. :) I'll blog very very soon about more current things!
|Winter snow and ice. Boston winters are harsh but beautiful *__*|
|Cannot believe I am 22! Thank you friends :3|
|Sunset at Venice Beach|
|Owner and dog playing fetch in the Charles River - taken on a photowalk with Eunice :)|
|Cool art installations at the LACMA|
|Best tsukemen I've had in the States at Tsujita in LA @__@ Yes it deserved to be included among these photos.|
|A painting from Monet's Rouen Cathedral series on the left and a painting of the Disney castle on the right. Similar no?|
|Had a wonderful time at Disney / LA with this one <3|
|Photo of my installation taken by Sarah at 7am for good lighting conditions haha|
|A close up :)|
|Friends lounging on my grass triangles in Lobby 10!|
|My very handsome Senior Ball date and I in what I call the Color Room! I brought him here after our first date over a year and a half ago - time sure does pass quickly *__*|
|To commemorate our many exciting home-cooked meals, smoothies, and mealtime photos with our wobbly table. Also as homage to wonderful, comfortable apartment life <3|
|Meta photo of a photo taken last semester for my final photo class next to our lightbulb|
|My cute dance wearing our cute costumes :3 I'm really gonna miss these people, many of which have been by my side ever since I became a choreographer in ADT. *__*|
|Heh heh Me and Weilian's suave boiz. Gonna miss the troll practices :\ They're all grown up now *__*|
|Stripes day on our New York senior trip!|
|My beautiful supporters who came up to Boston to watch me graduate :D|
|This one came up to Boston just to annoy me as usual <3|
|Celebratory dinner with friends and family and friends' families at one of my favorite places to eat! Shabu for daysssss|
|My wall that carries the visual memories I've accumulated over the past 4 years! Gonna miss this thing and our wonderfully messy, quirky apartment <3|